Adherence to our dress code ensures students remain sun safe whilst out in the field. To do fieldwork in the environment, Harbour Watch suggests bringing or wearing:
- broad brimmed hat (no caps)
- sun safe shirt (long sleeves with collar)
- shorts or long pants (quick dry preferable)
- long socks (not ankle socks)
- comfortable closed toe shoes (joggers) and/or wet shoes that can get muddy and wet (wetsuit booties) are recommended
- rain coat if applicable
- sunscreen and insect repellent.
Other personal equipment to bring may include:
- personal prescribed medication (if needed to be taken whilst participating in the Harbour Watch session)
- beach towel to dry off if necessary
- water bottle
- camera with plastic bag for waterproofing
- pen, pencil, paper
- garbage bag for wet clothing and shoes.
- A spare change of clothes may be necessary depending on the nature of the activities.
- It is advised not to wear or bring expensive clothing or shoes due to the nature of the activities undertaken.
- Singlet or midriff tops and short shorts are unsuitable for activities with Harbour Watch.